June 12, 2021

Baby horse is coming home!

The vet check on Monday went well, and baby horse's temp was normal and they issued him a health certificate, and I finalized the purchase!

Without further adieu, meet my new horse and future dressage partner:

What is he?

He is a Danish Warmblood, bred by Oak Hill Ranch. He's by Sir Gregory out of a really nice Furstenball x Rambo mare that my trainers best friend used to own when she was head trainer at Oak Hill. They sold the Dam while baby horse was in utero in 2019, when the owner of Oak Hill, who's in his 80's, decided to retire.

Given that this was a remote purchase, it was very comforting that everyone in my bubble knew the Dam, her movement and temperament. Also, it helped to know that he has a full brother, Lager, from the year before who is very nice. 

He's a yearling gelding (2020) and currently stands 15.2hh, so I expect he'll mature 16.2-17hh, and hopefully not bigger! He's really leggy at the moment, so he's definitely going to be tall. He's solid black with the star and stripe plus snip. I love to look of white socks, but I am very stoked to not have to clean them on show mornings!

More waiting...

Now I wait a couple more week for him to get picked up and transported to Montana. He should be here June 25!

-Renee
Wishing you Happy Trails and Swooshing Tails!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails