May 11, 2021

Pre Purchase Exam is Scheduled!

I spent most of Monday trying to find a vet in the gelding's area that #1 wasn't the sellers vet, and #2 would be willing to make a farm call for the PPE. Literally no vets in this area do farm calls. I am dumfounded about this! Is this normal in other areas? Eventually I found a vet, that is an hour away, and was still willing to do a farm call. I can only imagine what the farm call fee is going to be. I didn't want to ask. However, the PPE is scheduled for May 28. An now I try to patiently wait...

So, why am I insistent on a farm call? The gelding, being a yearling, has only been on a trailer twice in his life. I don't want him fussing in a trailer and then tweaking something and coming up lame in the PPE when he's actually perfectly sound. I've been there, done that, and won't go there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails