October 15, 2015

Snowball Shoes

Given the absolutely glorious fall weather we have been having this year, when my farrier asked me this week what I wanted to do with Gentry's feet I was at a loss. If you have ever noticed, Murphy's Law seems to rule my life. I figured if I had him leave the shoes on we would suddenly see a 50 degree temperature drop and the world freeze overnight. I would single-handedly be blamed for the immediate ice age, and deservedly so. Transversely, if I had them taken off, we wouldn't see snow until January.

Dilemma!

Then my completely awesome farrier suggested putting on anti-snowball rim pads in Gentry's shoes and some sort of metal/chemical lumpy (sorry, my post-prego brain forgot what he called it) "foe-spikes" on the heels. What? I totally love my farrier. Now if it does snow, no worries. Gentry has safe traction and anti-snowball rims. If it does't snow, then we can keep riding in this awesome weather and continue on business as usual. Win!

Gentry's standard shoes with anti-snowball rim pads and "foe-spikes"

•Renee•

4 comments:

  1. i think that's borium? or something like that? haha idk but supposedly it works really well. hope that means you've held the snow off for at least a while longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it's called borium - at least that's what I've had on my shoes in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I recall that is what he called it now. Thanks for the memory re-boot!

      Delete
  3. Miles gets those same snowball rim pads! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails