March 4, 2015

Operation Freedom Complete!

On Sunday, I decided to put the boy's together in the dry-lot and see how they would do. I expected some rough-housing and wasn't disappointed.

First there was some of this...

then this...

and this..

and of course this...
All was well for a while despite the foolishness, which was surprisingly all instigated by Gentry and not Hugo. However, about 10-15 minutes into the bucking bronco routine I saw Gentry take a funny landing and start favoring his leg. Within an hour he was fine again, so I am thinking it has more to do with weak muscles than the tendon at this point. Does that seem plausible or am I fooling myself here?

At that point I separated them again, but let them continue to share a fence-line, assuming they got most of the silliness out of their systems. I was right about that. For the next two days they behaved very well over the fence and seemed happy just to be able to hang out over the fence.

Since all was going well, and Gentry seemed to be back to "normal" I decided to try putting them back together in the dry-lot yesterday. This time there was no crazy bucking routine. Just your expected face fighting and chasing each other off hay piles. Whew!

This morning all was well, so I decided to let them out in the big pasture this afternoon. So far so good!

Happy to have freedom to roam together again!
Fingers crossed everything continues in this direction.

And for one last final progress report (because I am sure you are all as sick of them as I am), here is what Gentry's leg wound looks like today, week 8.

Cannon Bone Wound - Week 8

•Renee•

5 comments:

  1. Woo looks like they had some fun! Glad gentry continues to do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheeee! Those are some seriously fun photos of Gentry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks SO HAPPY to be free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daww they are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! So it's come to my attention that Blogger isn't updating/redirecting my old blog to my new one. I'm going around commenting on all the blogs I follow because I don't know how to contact everyone otherwise. My old blog Horses: The Process of Learning is back in action at www.mrsashleyandolivia.com. This is some kind of blogger error. But I would love for you to come follow me over there! Thanks girl!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails