December 11, 2014

WILSON!

I had grand plans to ride Gentry this morning. My farrier was scheduled to come at 8:30am, Junior is at preschool for the morning, the ground has dried out pretty well to make it safe, and the forecast high was 50ºF! Then I woke up to a wind tunnel. Seriously crazy wind today. Now, if I had a horse in serious training and a nice dry sand footed arena, I would totally still ride despite the wind. But I have none of those things, which equates to "I don't HAVE to ride, so I'm not GONNA". Bummer.

What did I do instead? I did some work, and checked Facebook. For some reason I found myself lurking on Gentry's breeder's facebook page. We aren't FB friends, but most of her stuff is public, so I thought I'd go way back and see if there were any baby Gentry posts. Not so much. However I did find a post on her page from another gal who own's Gentry's full brother, who I believe is one year younger than Gentry.

Everyone, I give you Wilson!

2012

2012

As a two year old - sale photo

OMG! I could just die. Clearly they have different coat colors, but otherwise they look so much alike in build and expression. All the info I have about him I found on this website months ago, before today's FB discovery. http://horseonsale.com/horse/6681/. Immediately I realized it was the same horse.

So now I am at a social media cross roads. Wilson also lives in Montana and it would be fun to meet him at a show in the future. Do I friend his owner? Should I friend Gentry's breeder? I don't generally friend people I haven't met, so I'm thinking no...that would be weird and creepy. Maybe I will just wait and message them both when I have Gentry entered in his first show, incase either will be attending. That is less creepy right?

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

8 comments:

  1. i say go for it - why not? the worst they do is ignore the request... and it's not creepy when there are handsome horses like Wilson and Gentry involved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilson is so super adorable! I'm facebook friends with people who own siblings of Emi. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say do it!! I'm friends with someone who owns Chrome's half brother and I've never met her. Just send a message with the request explaining how your horses are related. I ignore requests from people I don't know if there is no message. Gentry's brother is gorgeous. There is definitely a family resemblance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... I totally friended Miles' old owners on Facebook even though I'd never met them. I sent them a friend request and once they accepted I sent a message basically asking if they knew Miles. Both were SUPER nice and talked to me... so I guess I didn't creep them out too much!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friend them both! I would love to be friends with anyone that had a half or full sibling to my horse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I friend requested the owner of Riva's full brother - and she accepted :) It has been fun to watch videos of him and see all the similarities between the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I friend all my horses siblings owners if I find them lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails