December 26, 2014

The Grain Sled

Last week after it snowed I found myself in a slight predicament. I had to get grain for Hugo and when I got home ready to back my car up to the barn, I discovered that the driveway gate latch was frozen shut. I really did not want to haul 150 lb of grain from my garage to the barn. It's not that I can't hoist a 50lb bag of grain on my shoulder and truck through 10" of snow transversing about 150-200 feet. It's that I don't want to. There had to be an easier way. Then I saw it. Junior's purple snow sled.

The Grain Sled

I stacked the three bags of grain on the sled and hoped that I would be strong enough to pull it. Sure enough it was pretty easy. Much easier than carrying them. Remember kids, work smarter not harder! That's my motto around the farm these days.

Moochers...hoping lunch was coming early. They were disappointed.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! This would have gone great in my winter tips blog hop. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! Things we don't have to worry about in CA, but certainly are entertained by! Genius solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it - so clever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails