December 20, 2014

Portrait Contest Painting Complete

Those of you who have read my blog for at least the last year may remember that I held a Horse Portrait Contest last December. The winner got a 8x10 acrylic painting of their photo. The winner was Dom from A Collection of Madcap Escapades. This is a photo of her standardbred gelding Oz.

Photo provided by Dom

I was really excited to make this painting and had planned on pumping it out by the end of January. Then work got in the way. I figured February. Then more work, and life got in the way. Then we listed the house and I couldn't ever leave a painting mess laying around because of showing it. It seemed, every time I planned on having time to sit down and paint, something got in the way.

Well, I've been on a bender lately, finishing up all my unfinished projects from the last year. Dom's painting was the last and final unfinished project. So, yesterday, I said enough was enough, found my paints (still boxed up from the move in August) and got down to business.

Getting it Done!

A few hours later I had finished the painting. It seriously only took me a few hours, which makes the fact that the painting is 11-months late, really sad. However, I feel that it turned out quite well and I hope that it was worth the wait for Dom. Now all I need to do is get it packed up and shipped off to her.

Finished Painting: Cold Smoke, 2014, Acrylic on Canvas

Merry Christmas Dom. Thank you for letting use your beautiful photo to create this painting.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

6 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails