November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Fun

We got pounded with five more inches of snow two nights ago followed by warm weather...which means melty slush. Slippery melty slush. Then the wind picked up. So very windy. Apparently another cold front is blowing in. As such, I'm not really inclined to go for a ride today, despite the warm weather.

Right about the time I started lamenting lack of riding on Turkey Day, I heard about a barn fire at fellow blogger's barn. Luckily her horse got out okay, but others did not. I cannot imagine what those horse owners and the barn owner are going through right now. So despite not riding today, I am so thankful that our horses are safe, sound, fat and happy.

Despite the melt and the wind, the sun was out and I decided to pick up my camera and take some photos. Unfortunately, it has been so long since I used my SLR I had forgotten about some focusing issues I had been having with one of my lenses. I promptly remembered after uploading them to my computer. So, sadly some photos that would have been awesome ended up being deleted. Se la vie! I still got some fun ones to share.

Napping in the sunshine

Fat and happy...coming down to search for treats see me

All my boys

Mid chew...looking good in his winter chub

Because...this photos is just awesome!

Wishing you all a safe and fun Thanksgiving!


Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

2 comments:

  1. That's so sad about the barn fire. :( I've been hearing about a lot of fires for some reason! It makes me glad mine stay out 24/7. I love the pictures! Gentry is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving! that last photo is beautiful! also very sorry to hear about the fire... so very sad

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails