September 12, 2014

Crazy Coincidence

I think about Rose a lot. I am still delighting in Gentry every day, but when we first moved into the new house, sans horse, I could not help but think about Rose. I would have so enjoyed watching her from my kitchen window while she galloped her bum off frolicked in the pasture. It would have been a wonderful feeling to move her home with us after all those stressful years of boarding. I think I will always wonder how much we could have accomplished and what level she could have taken me to as a competitor. I will also alway wonder how she is doing and if she is happy. That is the past though, and very wise person once told me that to accomplish great things in life I must always look forward. I try to do this everyday, in all aspects of my life. Some days I am better at it than others. Gentry is my present and future horse. Soon I will get to watch him grazing in this view.

View of (some of) the pasture from my kitchen window
However, in a failed attempt to not think about Rose, I was recently reviewing my blog and looking back on my last summer with her. I clicked on September and realized that the day she left for her new home was September 2nd, 2013. Gentry arrived here on September 2nd, 2014. I was immediately struck by what an unlikely coincidence that was. I am sure there is some deep meaningful thing I could come up with in regard to the dates, but I am kind of at a loss for words. I just keep thinking that Gentry just might be the universe's way of giving me a do-over. The thought of that makes me smile a bit.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

4 comments:

  1. A little introspection is never bad as long as you remember to look forward again! Here's to a new year of horsey adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's impossible to not think about our "horses past" ... But that it's equally important (if not more so) to remember the horses we have now, that are taking us forward to helping us accomplish new dreams :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have said it better than Tracy! :) Exactly what I was thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always looking forward is great advice! I try really hard to do that. It can be difficult sometimes, especially when you lose an animal for whatever reason... That's cool about the dates. I think Gentry is going to be a really great horse for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails