June 3, 2014

Ponies!

On Saturday I got to announce a Montana Hunter Jumper Show here in town, which a good friend of mine put on. It was a great day and a great show. I think I even did a pretty good job of announcing as well. I was a bit nervous as I had never announced a show before. However, I do have plenty of public speaking experience, so I figured what the heck, I'd give it a go. I ended up having a great time, although it was a little odd being at a show and not showing! Something I will likely have to get used to for the next few years.

My favorite part of the show however was the short stirrup division. Why, you might ask? Because of this:






PONIES! EVERYWHERE! MUST GET JUNIOR A PONY!!!

If being surrounded by cute little hunter ponies wasn't fabulous enough, suddenly I realized I was calling the name of a certain pony stallion from our old barn. It was Flip! AKA Forrest Prince. 

4 year old, Forrest Prince
Isn't he just the cutest little hunter pony stallion ever? Now, not do I only want to have a pony, I have been having insane (and by insane I do mean literally crazy person) thoughts about breeding a pony by him. He is a registered ISR/Oldenburg pony and has been approved as a stud. This summer is the start of his breeding/campaigning career and he will be going to the ISR/Oldenburg NA Stallion Test in September. I can't leave you all hanging with just a still image of the little man though, so I  also managed to take a video of his 2'3" round!



Here is a link to his website if you want to know more: http://www.bridgercanyonstallionstation.com/forrestprince.htm

Seriously. Ponies! PONIES! P O N I E S ! ! !

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

6 comments:

  1. Cute! He'd look lovely with my welsh b old/isr approved mare... hmmm... does he have a website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does! http://www.bridgercanyonstallionstation.com/forrestprince.htm

      Delete
  2. If he goes missing, don't look for him in Ohio! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first pony needs to just come live in my house. How (squeee) cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ponies!!! They are adorable! I'm glad you had a good experience announcing at the show. It's good to have a way to be around horses when you can't have your own. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails