March 17, 2014

Spring? Riding? Yeah...right!

Well, I thought I would get back in the saddle today. The arena snow finally melted and dried up. EB texted me with the good news yesterday and I was all set to go out and longe/ride Hugo this evening.

See? Doesn't it look just wonderful?
Then I woke up, and to my horror realized that I forgot we were hosting out of town guests over this evening for my annual St. Patrick's Day dinner. Mind you, I did not forget about St. Patrick's day, I just forgot all about the dinner.

More snow today...
However, it was not to be regardless. As I type this we have 1" of fresh snow accumulation and it is forecasted to be a total of 3" today. That means the arena is off limits again anyway. I have a sneaking suspicion that this year is going to be one of those in which we have snow through June. So, I guess I'll just toast to my misery with a coldish Guinness and merrily enjoy my delicious corned beef, cabbage, and irish soda bread feast.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

2 comments:

  1. Well at least your not missing useable riding time. Happy St Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter... will it ever end?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails