January 6, 2014

2014 Goals

The lists of horse goals have been flying around the blog community. Although happy to read everyone else's exciting goals, I was rather glum about it as I scoffed at myself saying "no horse goals for me". Sucky Poo Poo. Then I realized that I do have horse goals for 2014! Given that 2014 is the year of the horse, I really aught to focus my positive energy on those goals, regardless of how seemingly insignificant they might be at the moment. In all actuality they are probably some of the most significant horse goals I've ever had. Without further adieu, I give you:

MY 2014 HORSE GOALS

1. Sell golf course house and purchase acreage (5-20 acres).
2. Build new house, shop, hay barn, run in sheds, fencing, and round pen and/or lit outdoor arena.
3. Stop Window Shopping Purchase or breed a Gatsby baby.
4. Get back in shape Pick up a husband horse and/or project horse (OTTB) to ride and be a babysitter for the foal.
5. Depending on acreage, get 1-2 boarders (or a goat) so my one horse doesn't lose it's marbles.

It's a short list, but in all reality a hefty one. I think No. 1 will happen this year and No. 2 will get started but probably won't be complete until 2015. That means No.'s 3 -5 will most likely roll into 2015, but that just fine. The timing will work well with JR starting preschool, and I don't need another baby on my hands until the one I currently have is potty trained. That would be my baby goal of 2014!

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

4 comments:

  1. That's a huge list, but I'm excited to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so excited for your farm! I can't wait to read all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great goals! :) Sounds like 2014 will be a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! Those are hefty goals! Good luck and I am so excited for you! I LOVE new starts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails