November 14, 2013

Preparing for the pre-purchase exam or vetting, Part 4

Ethics - Things in my opinion you should never do:

  1. Drug your horse
    Whether it is to calm the horse down (sedative) or to block pain (ie. Bute), doing this to fool a buyer is just unscrupulous. I personally couldn't live with myself if I tried to fool a buyer by drugging a horse.
  2. Ride/longe right before
    Again, some people do this because they have a horse with a physical issue and it might work the issue out before the vetting. This isn't as bad as drugging a horse, but is still a somewhat dodgy thing to do in my opinion.
So, that's what I learned. I'm curious if anyone has any additional suggestions of things to do/or not to do before a vetting to put your horses best hoof forward? Let hear it!

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails