September 17, 2013

Rambo Fly Protector Sheet...update.

Last winter I bought a Rambo Fly Protector sheet for Rose. It was a steal of a deal and I hoped with fingers crossed that it would hold up to the hype and solve the issues I've had with other fly sheets. I did a little first impression review at the beginning of the summer here: http://adventuresincoltstarting.blogspot.com/2013/07/product-reveiw-rambo-fly-protector-sheet.html

Our last day together.
Sadly, I completely forgot to take a full body photo of her wearing it before she left. But you can see it in the above photo. Regardless, I couldn't have been happier with it's performance and how well it held up. Thus it shall remain among my prized possessions as I do plan on having another large horse at some point in the not too far distant future.

Here were the issues I've had in the past that this sheet fixed:

  1. Where I board they don't take fly sheets off, just winter blankets. So it needed to hold up to 24/7 wear.
  2. It needed to not rub the hair off on the shoulder.
  3. It needed to protect the hair at the top of the tail from being rubbed due to annoying late summer mystery flies.
  4. It needed to actually do it's job so that she wouldn't loose half her tail again swatting at flies.
  5. It needed to not rip or tear easily.
  6. It needed to feel comfortable (oh so silky to the touch).
  7. It needed to make a mostly black horse feel not so dark in the hot summer heat or cause her to sweat.

These sheets are a pretty penny, but there is not one tear that needs to be mended on this sheet after three solid months of 24/7 wear by Miss Thing. In fact, one quick wash and it looks almost new again! Granted she had finally passed her blanket destruction days of her youth, but she could on occasion still be rough on things if she gets bored puts her mind to it. However, I have to say that I am solidly a Rambo blanket convert now. Let the bargain hunting continue...

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•Renee•

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Must be very good quality to withstand three months of being worn every day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails