May 26, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday!

Rose turned six yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to celebrate her birthday with her on Saturday. However, I like to think that a day off and being left to be a horse with no human demands = a pretty good birthday in her mind. Today though, it was time for the human celebration aspect of things. This meant carrots and new (good) photos.

After waking up at an ungodly hour once again bright and early with JR at 5am, I soaked in the early morning sunshine while drinking my coffee, planning the morning, and getting bathed in homemade organic strawberry and goat yogurt purees. Yes, JR is learning to use a spoon. Lord help us all! Bath, braid, photos, ride/photos...that was the plan I concocted, which was passed onto Hubs after he woke up around 7:30am. No, I am not a martyr here, he was up super late working on an insane deadline for an overly demanding client. Kudos to Hubs. He needed the sleep and I managed to get to bed at a decent hour, so 5am wasn't actually that bad.

As I was washing her in the 8:30am still chilly 48ºF weather...I started to think perhaps I was a tad insane to be doing this. Especially since next up was braiding. Following her bath, I took the slightly shivering (I felt really bad about that) Rose outside to graze in the sunlight. It was nice and warm outside in the sun and her shivers evaporated instantly. In about twenty minutes she was mostly dry and happily full of grass. About a half hour later Hubs and JR arrived for the photo session and her dressage braids were finished. Happily it was still sunny out and we managed to get a couple really good shots. I like having the problem of picking my favorite of many! I am so glad I got Hubs into equine photography BEFORE we had JR. He does such a great job.

There isn't much more to say other than HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY ROSE! Without further adieu, here are my favorite photos from the day:

Conformation. 6 years old.





Hugging my girl.

Hubs introduces JR to Rose....and gets a lick.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

9 comments:

  1. Great photos! Love her top line, she is a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fancy! I love the photos. Happy Birthday Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness JR is adorable!! :D

    The pictures are AMAZING!!! Rose is so gorgeous!! Happy birthday Rose!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photos! Happy birthday Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Riva turned 6 today! Happy Birthday to Rose! She looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH good photos! Does Rose lick a lot??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give her something to lick she does. I'm usually just buzzing around grooming her so I don't often get a lick. However, if we are standing in the arena or something and talking with others she will seek me out for a lick to entertain herself. Obviously she's happy to lick visitors when standing bored in the cross ties too!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails