May 31, 2013

A serious contender

I have been quietly hoping that today would come and pass as well as it did. Months ago...back in February, my trainer mentioned to me that she had a friend (MM) that was moving up from California at the end of May who was interested in Rose. She was an experienced dressage rider who was finishing grad school and wanting to get back into the dressage show world. On paper she seemed like the ideal person for Rose, but would she hold up in real life?

YES INDEED.

In fact, MM is such a lovely person, talented, sociable, etc. and gets along amazingly with Rose that I'm having a hard time not welling up when I think about it too much. I would be so happy for Rose to end up with MM. They really make a beautiful pair on the ground and under saddle.

Hopefully I will have a more concrete decision next week, but the current plan/offer on the table is that she would care lease Rose for the summer with an option to purchase her in August. Rose would stay at our barn and in full training with my trainer during the lease period and she would also potentially show her this summer. Honestly, could the situation be better?

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It doesn't sound like you could get a better situation. Congrats! I hope that it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan, although I am sure a little bittersweet for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I'm welling up just thinking about it too! Can the contract request she start a blog???? haha jk. But seriously, that is fantastic news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!!! I'm so happy and sad all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails