February 15, 2013

They might just be a match

It is an odd experience selling a horse that has been your living, breathing, excuse for living project every day for three years. Rose was a very good girl during her trial this afternoon. I couldn't have asked for her to be more well behaved. In fact she was an outright ham at times and adorably cute. Not that she isn't like that in general, but she seemed to really like the gal (TR) that tried her out. They were completely adorable together. It made me get a little choked up toward the end, but in a good way, because I'm just so proud of the horse Rose has become. TR even stayed with me to help untack Rose and put all my tack away and turn her out. This was great, because I think those are some of the important things to do with a horse that people often overlook during the purchase process. After seeing her not only ride Rose but interact with her afterward, I know that if she does purchase Rose that she'll be going to a very good home. Now I wait to hear more from TR, but she is definitely interested.

In the mean time, I am off to a local schooling show with Rose tomorrow. EB is coming with me and will ride her in a couple classes as well. We are doing english pleasure and english equitation. I'm guessing the judge will favor the local pleasure quarter horse crowd over the big fancy warmblood. But what the heck, it's just for a bit of fun and to get Rose out of the barn for the day. Since it's all in the name of fun, I decided to throw caution to the wind and enter Rose in the mare halter class too. I'm sure I'll be the only fool there in hunt clothes and a bridle, but hey, that's how I roll. Look out SW Montana, we are bringing a little velvet head love to your halter classes! Now, I guess I should youtube some halter classes to see what we have to do, as I haven't a clue...
 
Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

4 comments:

  1. Lol. velvet head, have some fun at the show. Glad Rose hit it off with TR, I am sure you will find a great home for her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have fun at the show and I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm glad to hear that TR and Rose seemed to get on well I always think it's that first connection that matters the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Rose and TR seem to like each other. Please keep us updated of what happening with that.

    Have fun with the show and have someone take pictures/video please!!!! I want you see your halter debut hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has to be bittersweet seeing your girl with a potential new owner.

    Have fun at the show and hope to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails