February 3, 2013

Do we dare? I say yes!

For the first time in a LONG time it seems the stars have aligned just right for Rose and I to have a little fun together. My mother in law (MIL) is coming to town this week to visit, which means I have help and free babysitting. Yea! Love MIL! This is also Rose's last week of full training. CR will work her Monday - Thursday. Friday morning, thanks to MIL, I will have a lesson with CR on Rose. Then on Saturday, Rose gets to get out of the arena and blow off some steam.

We are going on our first hunt!

The Treasure State Hunt crew, with whom we will be riding!

I have never been on a hunt before, so I am very very excited. We will be riding the second flight, and I know the Master of the second flight as well, so that will certainly help calm any of my newbie nerves and answer silly questions. I just hope that Rose enjoys it and takes to it. I have always wanted to hunt, and if she does enjoy it, we will start going regularly! If there ever was a time to own a helmet cam, now is the time. Sadly though, I do not own one.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

4 comments:

  1. Have fun! Be prepared, some horses freak at the hounds.... while others are totally fine. Hunting made the quietest horse I ever knew a total nutter.... only while hunting. Bring a neck strap, and get photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and enjoy the hun. I can't wait to hear how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. You are going to have so much fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and Rose enjoy the new adventure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails