January 14, 2013

Party like it's 1999

The other day I arrived to the barn to ride only to realize I had taken all my saddle pads home to wash and  forgot to bring them with me. Doh! What to do. My half pad was there so at least I could use that...but then I remembered. I have an old Navajo pad protecting the top of my trunk! So we busted it out and partied rode like it was 1999.

Rose rockin' the Navajo pad.

 I was just thankful that no one was present to see us ride in our fabulous get up. Back in the late 90's when I was in college, riding hunt seat with Navajo pads was the norm, but it is a fashion trend that seems to have all but vanished. In addition, I've never seen anyone use one with a dressage saddle! These days my little old Navajo pad has no use other than to protect the top of my tack trunk. A job it does quite well...




Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

1 comment:

  1. Awe I think its kinda cute, but I grew up riding western lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails