January 7, 2013

Moving forward...

Things are definitely getting back on track and moving forward with Rose and I both getting back in shape. After our lesson last week, Rose ended up with three days off. My plan was only two days off, but life has a tendency to get in the way. My current goal is to get to the barn four nights a week. So far I've been managing to make it happen. Hopefully it continues.

Regardless of three days off, Rose was a good girl and remembered everything from our lesson. That is one thing that I love about her. For better or worse, she is very smart and learns quickly. When it comes to under saddle work this is great. She was very accepting of contact, nicely moving laterally away from my leg and into the outside rein, and did a great job of maintaining a fairly smooth tempo and rhythm at both the trot and canter. This all added up to some of the most balanced movement that we've ever had. It felt wonderful!

Rose, post ride & post roll. Hanging out with her horse
friend reflection by the mirror.
On a side note, she continues to roll in the arena every opportunity I give her. She still hasn't managed to roll all the way over or to figure out how to roll on the other side, but I'm sure that will come soon enough.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture, glad that you had a good ride, she sounds really really smart and like she has a great memory, which must be really helpful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails