November 1, 2012

Trailering Diva!

I have a small confession to make. All these years, I have successfully avoided ever having to haul any horse I've owned or leased myself. I have on occassion driven a truck hauling a trailer, but always with hubs or someone else in the passenger seat.

That is until this last week.

Circumstances were such that I had to haul a horse for one of my students in the evening to practice. That meant that hubs couldn't help because he was on baby duty. One more unexpected way that being a parent has effected my horse life. So, I had to pull up my big girl pants and just do it.

I rocked that truck driving, trailer hauling, horse moving thing!

I had to haul her horse again this week, so of course I did, and now I'm feeling quite comfortable with it. So much so that I'm now daydreaming about my new found freedom and all the places that I would like to haul Rose to, now that I know I can do it on my own. I'm also thinking that maybe I can squeak out riding her more often if I haul her to practice and then hop on her for a bit while I teach. That may not be that practical or possible, but it is a thought to be mulled over more.
 
Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! My 18 yr old daughter now hauls a 2 horse goose neck on a regular basis at her working student position. I am so glad her trainer intrusted her to learn this at an early age. Maybe there is hope for her 46 yr old mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't learned to yet lol. Congrats on your new found freedom! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how sometimes you get so worried about something and realize you have no reason to be concerned?! (Not that hauling isn't a big deal, just that never having done it cast this scary enigma around it!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails