October 27, 2012

Learning to jump, again...

Thanks to EB riding Rose during the week, I've been able to start jumping Rose again.  I have been very much looking forward to this, since she progressed so well last summer before I quit jumping her. However, last week I discovered to my dismay that she is happy to pop over an ex without concern, but as  far as a 2' vertical goes she was not having it. What happened is after effortlessly working through ground poles and then an ex, she jumped the vertical one time but then she hit the pole and refused to go over it again. At least it was a very honest refusal. She wouldn't get within 10' of the jump! LOL! So, back to basics. I got her over the ex again and then we just started with an 18" vertical. Once I finally got her over that, we did it a few times in each direction and ended on a good note.

Rose and her tiny vertical jump
My current plan is to just take it slow and start all over again with jumping. Eventually we will be back to jumping 2' and above.

On a postpartum note, I've officially lost all my pregnancy weight! All 40lbs. Woot Woot! I'm rather surprised, since I've only been able to ride once in a while and I am not doing any other exercise. I guess there is some truth to the whole breastfeeding weight-loss connection. Whatever the cause, I'm just happy to have a selection of breeches that I fit in to wear.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing the baby weight! I gained 50 lbs with both of my pregnancies and lost it...hate when women blame their weight on kids!
    So glad you are getting some ride time in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rose... sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss. :) I do think breast feeding has a lot to do with it. Keep up the great work.

    Aww poor Rose! She scared herself. Oh well, it happens. She'll be back to jumping two foot in no time. I'm glad you're jumping again and having fun with her.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails