June 27, 2012

That darn door...again!

Last winter I had all the time in the world to deal with Rose's people door issue. However, when my husband managed to make time in his schedule last week to babysit Jr. so that I could go ride, I found my patients lacking.

Upon reaching the arena door, Rose, who had been having no issue with the door for months now, suddenly threw on the breaks and turned into a royal snot. I tried politely for about ten minutes to get her in, then I tried more aggressive tactics, all to no avail. In the end I ended up throwing her in a stall, opening the garage door, and then going back to get her and entered the arena that way.  I simply do not have time to deal with her marish bull$&** anymore.

Rose's fat bum, as a result, had to work very hard for the remaining 30 minutes I had left at the barn. The ride at least was good. I'm not too thrilled to see what I will be dealing with next time.

Looking innocent, post-ride.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

2 comments:

  1. Horses will always challenge you when you do not have time. It is as though they are determined to make you slow down, and will always turn a quick run to the barn into a lesson in "don't rush Human."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails