May 12, 2012

Barn Time

It took me 12 days, but I finally recovered enough from labor and managed to get my act together to make it to the barn for an hour yesterday. The timing of Jr's arrival had left Rose two weeks over due for a trim. I like to be there when she gets her feet done, plus I was feeling utterly guilty about neglecting her.  So I unpacked my breast pump, figured out how it worked, and left Hubs alone for the first time with our peacefully sleeping little guy.

Enjoying the last week (hopefully) of her vacation.
Hubs took one look at this photo and asked me if Rose was pregnant
I guess we both need to get back in shape!.

Rose was a trooper for the farrier. Honestly it was the quietest and most cooperative she's ever been. She's also managed to completely shed out in the last two weeks! So nice to have my shiny "black" mare back.

Although it was tempting, I tried not to dilly dally at the barn and return home as quick as possible. I arrived home to find Hubs and Jr. in the same exact position as when I left. Jr. peacefully sleeping in Daddy's arms. They made such a sweet picture.


Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! So far so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I wish you'd snapped a picture of dad and son. I bet it was precious.

    Rose looks fantastic (okay yeah she could use a diet lol)! I can't wait for you to be able to start riding again. I'm glad she was good for the farrier. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails