April 25, 2012

Navigating eBay saddle sale

Yea! Someone bought my saddle on eBay! Now what do I do?

Sold!

Like most of us, I have made many a tack purchase on eBay. However, this is the first time I've ever sold anything on eBay. After a few days of waiting for the buyer to pay for the saddle, I finally emailed them and discovered that they did indeed pay right away, however when I changed my last name after getting married my eBay and Pay Pal did not completely sync. So when the pending payment never showed up in my Pay Pal account I just assumed that they were taking their time to pay. Not the case. The buyer's payment was floating around in the cyberspace. Eventually this morning I emailed the buyer, they got right back to me telling me that they paid on Sunday. Doh! What was going on? Eventually, I got it all sorted out and mailed the saddle off to the buyer this afternoon. I feel so bad that I didn't get it off of Monday, as the payment was made on Sunday. All I can do at this point is hope that she understands the name change snafu on my end and doesn't leave me a bad review. :( Definite learning curve to be had.

My advice to anyone selling anything for the first time on eBay: make sure you link all your accounts before anyone tries to buy your goods. At the very least, this gave me something to do in my waiting for baby to arrive boredom. Need more things to do...

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for saddle sale! I just sold my Kieffer Dressage Saddle thru TackTrader.com and the buyer wanted to pay using PayPal. I had never sold anything using PayPal before and was a bit leary...but it went so smoothly. $ received - saddle shipped - happy seller and buyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for saddle sale!! I'm glad you got it all figured out. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails