March 7, 2012

A Week Treading Water

I finally made it to the barn today after a week of "hanging in there". After we dropped my tack trunk off at the barn last week life, as it is know to do, became a bit overwhelming. I won't bore you with the details but to sum up my week I had a real estate closing to deal with, out of town guests to entertain, a riding team to coach, end of year awards to organize, lots of work to do, and my baby shower to attend. I barely made it to the barn on Thursday for Rose to get her feet trimmed, and even then didn't have time to do much of anything else with her. I'm sure she didn't mind. What's a week off here and there?

Today though, with everything else behind me, I made it out to the barn to work with HR and Rose. It's chilly out, but sunny and beautiful. Rose was a pretty good girl and HR got a good workout in preparation for this weekend's horse shows. With any luck, HR will place well at the IHSA Regionals this weekend and gain a bid to Zones. As for me, I'm counting the days until my little guy arrives and I can finally get back on my own horse. Only six more weeks!

Happy trails and swooshing tails!
•DS•

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm probably going to feel really dumb . . . but who is HR? Maybe I missed something or I'm just being brain dead.

    Anyway glad you got some much needed horse time and yay for only six weeks!! I bet you're so excited. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails