October 19, 2011

Darn Cold

My dear sweet husband brought home a cold virus last week, and regardless of all my best attempts to not get it, I've been suffering from full on cold symptoms since Sunday. This of course has kept me from the barn the past two days. In denial, I did drag myself there on Monday to ride, and Rose was a good girl and we worked a bit on our half-halts. However, once Tuesday rolled around I was in full on tissue box couch mode.

The only thing worse than having a cold is being pregnant and having a cold. This means no drugs to ease the symptoms, and let me tell you, it sucks! Sucks big time. There are only so many hot showers and mugs of hot water and lemon one can drink to ease the symptoms. I'm hoping that I'm over the hump as my sneezing seems to have slowed down this afternoon. I feel the count down clock ticking away every day I don't ride as every day December 1st gets closer and closer. I have aspirations to ride tomorrow, or at the very least make it to the barn and longe my girl.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh how well I remember gargling salt water as my only relief when hit with a nasty cold while pregnant. I feel your pain! I hope this cold will be gone in no time. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took lots of honey and lemon juice. Ginger candy helped also

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm too late reading this to be of any help, but can you not use Vicks at night to help with breathing? I'm not familiar with what things can be used while pregnant. It helped when I got sick. Funny thing is I don't take medicine for colds anyway (well not cold medicine I will take something for headaches), so I guess I'm used to riding out the misery. I hope you're feeling better now. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails