July 19, 2011

She's still alive

I had a very nice relaxing holiday up at the lake house, but I was very happy to get home and to get back to life as usual. To my utter delight and shock, Rose managed to stay impeccably clean and un-injured the past 12 days. Yea!

Although she was half asleep and very quiet when I arrived this morning, I decided to longe Rose anyway. The day I left she had been a tiny bit off on her right front (I'm guessing a stone bruise or such). I wanted to make sure that the lameness had gone away prior to riding her. In addition, I'm still in the habit of longeing her before riding if she's had a long period of time off. However, there was no lameness and she was as well behaved as I've ever seen her on the longeline. I guess my girl really is growing up.

Since it was already hot at 10am, I didn't want to do to much with her, so we just longed for 10 minutes and then went on a nice long stretching walk around the track, a short W/T/C hack in the outdoor arena, followed up by another walk and an hour and a half in the grazing pasture. It was a pretty nice way to start the week!


Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Welcome back. :) I'm glad Rose isn't lame and that she's growing up and well behaved.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails