June 7, 2011

6 week follow up.

Today's ride was less than thrilling. Rose decided she didn't want to work, so she decided to throw a fit about the "death corner" again. We spent an hour dealing with the "death corner". Sometimes she'd go past it just fine, and then she'd decide she didn't want to work, and throw a big stinking "I'm a four year old mare in heat" fit the next time around. Frustrating is all I can describe it as. One big long hour of frustrating. I did of course win in the end, and we ended on a good note with the stinking corner. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day, and hopefully she'll be in a more cooperative mood and we can actually work on something productive.

In the mean time, I thought I'd post a follow up on her leg injury from six weeks ago.
Original Injury April 21, 2011
Six weeks later - June 3, 2011
I always am amazed at these fragile creatures ability to heal themselves. Just astounding!

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. She looks great! Hope she rides great next time.

    Don't worry--her five year old year is next. That's always my least favorite year. 6 is brilliant, though. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow her leg looks great. You can't even tell where it was really. I hate dealing with leg wounds. The puncture wound Chrome had seemed to take forever to heal.

    Sorry she was being a baby. She will figure it all out and settle down. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails