May 22, 2011

New State = New Farrier


One of the more stressful things about moving home to Bozeman was the search for a new farrier. To make the process a bit easier, I had Rose's feet trimmed right before we left Portland. However, it was so muddy and wet here that after just four weeks, she'd grown a good amount of hoof and her good old flare came back in style. So after looking at a lot of feet around my barn and getting recommendations I decided to try out the guy who trimmed her feet this past Friday. He was terrific! Not only did he do a beautiful job on her feet, looking at each on individually and properly balancing them, he handled her wonderfully. He's a really patient, gentle guy, and definitely knows how to handle the babies. Rose really seemed to liked him, and as such I couldn't have been more pleased about the whole thing.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

2 comments:

  1. wow the farrier does a really big 45 degree bevel on the toe! they look much better on the after shot though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurricanes12: Are you saying the bevel is big on the before shot? I think it is accentuated because she impatiently paws on the aisle way cement when in the cross ties...but I have to admit I never really thought about it before. Barefoot feet are still a new thing for me and a learning curve! The before shot was 4-weeks post trim from our old farrier, the after shot is the new farrier's work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails