April 10, 2011

Getting Ready

Yesterday the girls (and a couple husbands) had a really sweet going away party for us at the barn. I was very impressed with the wheelbarrow + hay-bale turned buffet! There were lots of tasty treats and wonderful company. I am REALLY going to miss my barn. It is quite honestly horse nirvana. However, I'm trying to focus on the positive and I am excited for our new barn in Bozeman (certainly for the heated arena during the winter). The barn manager there seems like an awesome lady, really on top of her game, and not crazy. Not crazy, is one of my general requirements of any barn manager/owner. I think we will be in a good place at the new barn, but only time will tell.

We are pretty much ready for the trip. Trailer tires are full of air, shavings are sitting in their plastic wrapped bags ready to be piled all over the floor, first-aid kit, water buckets, hay, and feed are ready to go. Overnight accommodations are sorted at the halfway point and all of our paperwork is squared away and in hand (coggins, health certificate, and trip-permit).  Now all that's left to do is load my tack and Rose and head out. Wednesday morning can't come soon enough!

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. When you say you're moving, you don't waste any time. Wow. Happy traveling. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your trip went well and you have arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails