March 23, 2011

New Portrait: Surgraaf Over Fences

This post has nothing to do with Rose, but I thought I'd share anyway...a kind of get to know DS better post.

Surgraaf Over Fences
Oil on Canvas
30"x42"
2011
It's a little known fact that in my free time I paint. I have a BA in Studio Art, and have always been one of those "artistic people" that is constantly smelling of turpentine and covered in oil paint as I have a bad habit of scratching my nose when I'm painting. Most of my paintings are hanging in my house or are in storage, but about a half-dozen of them are in private collections around the world. I much prefer to create art for others than to hang it in my own house, or even trade work with other artists. It might sound crazy, but quite frankly one can only have so many of their own paintings hanging in their house. At any rate, on Sunday I finally finished my latest portrait, a commission piece that will be delivered in person this weekend. I am quite pleased with how it came out, and I know its new owner will be too.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in commissioning their own equine portrait I am going to have a lot of free time shortly, so I am definitely offering my services again. Please just email me at dock.start (at) gmail (dot) com with questions, photos, etc. for a quote. Don't worry, it is more affordable than you might think and heck it doesn't hurt to ask!

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails