December 2, 2010

A very special visitor!

Something very exciting happened last night. Gatsby has come to stay at our barn for a while! I am so excited to get to know him better and to watch Tracie work with him.

Awesome rider + awesome horse = one very cool thing to watch.

Of course I am biased, but I think he is just one heck of a handsome horse, not to mention how amazingly gentle and sweet he is! Yesterday was one of my night check days and he was a perfect gentleman at feed time and gave me no problems blanketing him. Quite impressive given that he'd just arrived that afternoon. His personality is far cry from the stallions I had to handle in my early 20's (halters, stud chains and whips in hand were needed just to enter the stalls). After I was done with my nightly chores I couldn't help but hang out with him a bit and notice how much Rose looks like him and how many mannerisms / personality traits they share. I'm guessing that it is probably a really rare opportunity for someone to get to board with and get to know their horse's sire, so I don't plan on taking it for granted.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow he is GORGEOUS. I just looked at his website and I am *obsessed*! If I ever decide to breed my TB X mare he will be a top runner!!!! Sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails