December 23, 2010

Longer days at last

December 21st has finally come and gone!

It is by far my most favorite day of the winter. Yeah, Christmas and New Years are fun an all, but December 21st means longer days, the end to driving to the barn in the dark, the eventual end to the non-stop rain, the return of riding in polo shirts, and taking Rose to her first show. Yea! I simply cannot wait for that day to arrive.

I have very little to report lately as I have been traveling all over the place for the holidays and haven't had a single break until now to sit down and blog. Rose is enjoying her vacation, and it appears to be doing wonders for her attitude. She is very excited to see me when I come to the barn and greets me at the gate every time, not making me walk to her. I guess she enjoys a lifestyle of playing all day, and then getting treats and spa treatments in the evening, and I can't say that I blame her. I am looking forward to getting back in the saddle though. Outside of riding and skiing I don't get much exercise as I don't enjoy running in the cold rain and I'm not going to join a gym for two months. As such I feel like a marshmallow. Anyway, I am very excited to get going again and move forward in our training and start practicing the intro level tests...bring it 2011!

Happy holidays!

post signature

Adventures In Colt Starting

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for longer days! I mean, rain is great and all, but I am ready for some sunshine after 4:30 PM.

    On the Gabrielle front - vet check is scheduled for Monday and there's a stall opening in our barn the first week of January. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails