November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

Rose
Thanksgiving Eve 2010
This year, more than most, I think a lot of us in the horse blogging world have been given reason to pause and give thanks for our healthy sound horses.

I have long been a fan of Denali and her blog. Her mom has a talent for recording the antics of Denali and their adventures together. I can't even imagine being in her shoes this fall. It's an experience that I don't think one could prepare for or know how they would handle the pain of what she is currently going through. For that I have a great deal of respect for her and wish her the ability to find peace in this experience.

Her ordeal has also caused me to reflect on what a wonderful year I've been blessed with. After several years in a row of struggle, pain, and heartache 2010 seemingly flipped the karmic switch did me good. Not only did my relationship and training with Rose progress and flourish, but in my personal life I found myself a newlywed, a licensed professional, and I'm managed to remain fully employed through this entire recession. All in all I can't really complain, and next time that I start to focus on the trivial, I shall endeavor to step back and focus on how great my life really is as a whole.

Wishing you all a wonderful start to the holiday season, and certainly sending positive thoughts and wishes in the direction of one specific mare and her owner.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails