July 18, 2010

A week under saddle and we are back to normal.

Rose's leg is nearly healed. This photo was taken mid week, and it is looking even better now. She has a bit of swelling still around the wound, from her bandage being removed, but it is going down everyday. A little exercise and cold hose seems to help it.

After a week of consistent work, at long last, Rose's temperament has completely chilled out and she the nice sweet docile mare that she was a month ago. Today was a big day for her. I had my friend Britt come out and hop on her for a jaunt around the arena. It is so fun to get to watch her move, and it's quite nice to have company at the barn as well. Usually, due to my work schedule, I'm the only one at the barn when I ride, so it was quite a treat to have company.

Now that she's in full work again, I can't wait to go for a lesson with Tracie, but unfortunately our weekends are pretty booked up for the next month, so alas, I don't think I'll be able to haul in for a lesson until mid-August. For now though, I'm just glad that she is finally settled into her new home, working well, and is in a good mind set again.

Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails