December 13, 2011

Changes

Today was a big day for Rose. She got her toes done this morning, and then moved to a new paddock. We played horse shuffle with all but two of the barn's horses today. The reason for the shuffle? Upcoming weaning of the foals.

For about 15 minutes, all the horses were understandably excited and running about their "new" paddocks. Rose and her former neighbor and BFF Roxy are now together in one really huge double paddock. They love each other, and playing around. I think it'll be good for Rose while she has her time off.

Rose checking out her new digs.
I love how all four feet are off the ground when she trots!

She was better behaved today than she's been in the past few weeks, so I think that perhaps the raspberry leaves are kicking in once again. Another thought I recently had is that maybe, just maybe, she can hear my baby's heart beat? Given that it is quite faster than mine, could it be that she might be getting confused and thinking that I'm excited/nervous etc. and perhaps that explains her recent behavior? Just a thought.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting thought about the heartbeat . . . I'm not sure how sensitive their hearing is, but it's possible that she can hear your baby's heartbeat. I'm curious to see if anyone else knows more about that.

    I'm glad she's settling back down and that she's out with her friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails