September 4, 2011

Settling in well

After not having been on a trailer since April, like the trooper she is, Rose walked straight on Friday evening. It still gives me the warm fuzzy how easily she loads, especially since her last trailer ride was six hours a day, two days in a row! We arrived at the new barn 30 minutes later and she calmly backed off the trailer, walked past the new inquisitive horses, and straight into her pasture. She instantly wandered to the common fence line to sniff noses with her new neighbor, two year old Roxy. They are now BFF's. It's so cute. Rose has always been the youngest horse anywhere I've boarded her, so it's nice to see her get to be the "older" one for a chance. Little Roxy just thinks Rose is the bomb and mimics whatever rose does from the other side of the fence.


Rose and her shadow Roxy


So, Rose seems to be settling in well, and it will be back to work for her on Monday. It's such a delight to be able to drive only 10 minutes, with two stop signs and no stop lights to go check on her! I'm loving it.

Happy trails and swooshing tails!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. First, Rose is GORGEOUS! I just love her.

    Second, she's so amazing. So easy to load, laid back, confident . . I love her. :D

    Third, I'm happy she's settled in so well and that she's so much closer to you. I couldn't imagine not having my horses at home with me. I'm glad you finally have to so close to you.

    Fourth, I don't even like mares, but I sure love Rose. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails